Today, Memorandum of cooperation between Canada-Ukraine Chamber of Commerce and PO “City Development Fund” has been signed.
This document serves as a basis for the implementation of joint efforts of two organizations concerning the creation of a favorable investment climate in the country as well as the increase of productivity of various activities aimed at the development of Ukrainian cities.
The document was signed by the President of Canada-Ukraine Chamber of Commerce, Zenon Potoczny, and the Chairman of the Board of the PO “City Development Fund”, Volodymyr Pirus.
In the context of Memorandum, to achieve a common goal, the Canada-Ukraine Chamber of Commerce and PO “City Development Fund” identified priority areas of work and agreed on joint steps, including:
- Organizing and conducting joint events;
- Promoting the involvement of scientists, highly qualified specialists and practitioners in the development of Ukrainian cities;
- Designing and implementing joint innovation projects;
- Assistance in the attracting financial, material, intellectual and information resources required for implementation and development of socio-cultural projects;
- Advisory and methodological assistance
Moreover, both organizations are taking on the task of improving the legislative framework in the sphere of urban development:
- Participating in discussions of draft laws, other normative legal acts, preparation of conclusions to them;
- Carrying out analysis of problematic issues in the field of public-private partnership, formulation of proposals for their solution;
- Improving the legislation and application on this basis of harmonization of methodological approaches to the preparation and implementation of socio-cultural projects;
Also, the PO “City Development Fund” and Canada-Ukraine Chamber of Commerce set a common goal to expand the cooperation with Ukrainian, foreign and international funds and organizations, and to promote the increase of the presence of leading global innovation companies in Ukraine.