September 19, 2019, at 9:30 a.m., at the Building of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, will be held a Roundtable on the following topic: Development and implementation of the plans on the regeneration of the cities: the best international experience and opportunities for Ukraine.
The event will be held as a part of the preparation for the Second International EXPO Congress "Business for Smart Cities"-2020, supported by the Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine, the Ministry of Community and Territorial Development of Ukraine, the City Development Fund and the Association of Ukrainian Cities.
Prime Minister Oleksiy Honcharuk
, Minister of the Cabinet of Ministers Dmytro Dubilet
, Minister of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine Tymofii Mylovanov
were invited to participate in the Roundtable. Minister of Communities and Territories Development of Ukraine Aliona Babak
, Executive Director of the Association of Ukrainian Cities Oleksandr Slobozhan
, Ambassador of Spain in Ukraine Silvia Josefina Cortés Martín
, Chairman of the Board of the City Development Fund Volodymyr Pirus
, international and local experts on city development and technology implementation in everyday life will take part in the event.
The event will include the discussion of the experiences of the modern and highly developed cities and their ways of obtaining a «smart city» status, analysis and presentation of the existing cases of small and medium-sized cities, that achieved significant results in development (experience of Spain), as well as search for solutions that will help Ukrainian cities to achieve modern world development standards.
The agenda of the Roundtable includes topics, that will help to find solutions to the problematic issues considering sustainable development of the cities, such as: “The story of transformation of Barcelona”, “Aspects of elaboration and implementation of the strategies on sustainable development of the small and medium-sized cities”, “Art infrastructure and its role in sustainable development and prosperity of the cities: International Experience and Opportunities for Implementation in Ukraine", “Service model of the informatization of services and the role of PPPs in the context of building Sustainable and Smart Cities”, “Improvement of central heating systems”, “Energy efficiency and self-sufficiency”, “Smart cities: conditions for business development” and others. It is important to mention that the topics that will be discussed during the Roundtable will have the further implemented at the 2nd
International EXPO Congress «Business for Smart Cities»-2020.
The following speakers will share their experience:
The roundtable will be held in preparation for the II International EXPO Congress "Business for Smart Cities" -2020, which will be held on April 22-24, 2020 and will be devoted to the topic "City 5.0: From design to implementation". Business for Smart Cities is a global event that aims to bring together regional leaders to solve problematic issues in cities and find the best partners for projects and services.
II International EXPO Congress "Business for Smart Cities" -2020 will be held during three days and will include:
- Jordi Hereu, President of the IdenCity, former Mayor of Barcelona (2006 – 2011);
- Eva Bufi, General Manager of Ardana Consultants, Founder PPP for Cities. Consultant in PPPs, Project Finance and investment analysis;
- Víctor Martínez del Rey, Director of the Urban Quality and Mobility Department, Sant Cugat del Vallès, Spain;
- Volodymyr Pirus, Chairman of the Board of the City Development Fund, Business for Smart Cities, Ukraine;
- Liubomyr Chorniy, expert in small and medium business development, regulatory policy, local economic development and budget policy;
- Iryna Zapatrina, Business for Smart Cities, Founder of PPP Academy.
- Creating new cities: governance, foundations, funding mechanisms and technologies
- Examples of the successful technological transformations of the existing cities
- From Smart Cities to Smart Country
- Four conferences dedicated to specific fields. The speakers will present their experience of implementing projects on innovative urban districts, inclusive infrastructure, and the role of social and sport activities in city development, the use of artificial intelligence for smart cities.
- An exhibition of more than 5000 m2 of exhibition space, featuring key players in the field of smart cities.
I International EXPO Congress "Business for Smart Cities" -2019 took place on 29-30 January, 2019 at the NSC Olympic and gathered almost 2000 participants, 140 speakers from 30 countries, including 26 representatives of international organizations (EBRD, IFC, Global Infrastructure Hub, UNECE, HABITAT, UN Global Compact), 49 representatives of public authorities, 65 representatives of private business. Delegations from 12 foreign embassies in Ukraine, including: Austria, Azerbaijan, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Norway, Spain, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Hungary, Japan, USA, visited EXPO Congress. The exhibition featured booths of foreign and Ukrainian companies, as well as Ukrainian cities.
City Development Fund was one of the co-organizers of the EXPO Congress "Business for Smart Cities" -2019. The Fund helps Kyiv and other cities of Ukraine to achieve the world modern standards in development of economy, social sphere, transportation, engineering and security infrastructure while preserving natural and cultural heritage. For more information about the Fund and its projects visit http://citydevelopment.fund/ua/.
Date of the event:
- Additional activities in collaboration with the UNECE, the United Smart Cities program and the Organization for International Economic Relations (OiER), seminars and more.
September, 19, 2019. Starts at 9:30 a.m.
Venue of the event
: Building of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, Instytutska St., 7, Kyiv, Ukraine